For The Love Of a Girl...
It's funny how you think you know what you want out of life. I was a young mother with two active boys and I was working hard to get in shape and had just gotten down to my before-babies weight. I 'wasn't ready' for another baby. I felt that way until the instant I saw the positive pregnancy test. Another baby? Oh yes!
Twenty-four years ago today my little girl was born. I've always teased her that her dad was 'out to lunch' when she was born (and he was - he missed her actual birth and so did the doctor!) but I have always assured her that I've been there every moment for her.
I haven't of course. I've messed up so many times I couldn't begin to count them. But I've wanted to be there for her, longed for her to become more than I am. Giving her the best of what I had to offer - as little as that seems - but most of all to see her love and follow God with all her heart.
As I've reminisced over this last week, looking at pictures and thinking about that precious time in our lives of having this bundle of pink frills and bows (this was back in the days you didn't find out what you were having beforehand and after three boys, she was a definite surprise!), thinking of all the birthdays that have passed and the years of change and growth and maturity, I noticed something about the pictures taken of us together. We are laughing or smiling in nearly everyone of them. Oh, the joy of having a daughter!
I've never lost the wonder of my children, or the joy of watching them become what God designed and created them to be. Finally having a little girl made it all the more special. She's a gem, this girl of mine. Gorgeous, creative, smart and funny - but more important than her outward beauty is this inner sparkle that never seems to dim.
She's always been a bit of a hero to me. She's caring and compassionate, but she knows her own mind. Courageous and confident in her beliefs, she has grown into a strong, godly woman whom I admire very much, even someone I aspire to be like. As a child she could keep me laughing. She still has that quick wit I enjoy so much, but she's grown in depth and spiritual insight as well. I've watched her grow from this darling little imp with the biggest blue eyes and sweetest smile to become a gifted young woman whom I am so proud to know and love.
Of all of God's marvelous gifts to me, my children are my greatest treasure.
"Children are a gift from the Lord'" Psalm 127:3
I love you, Emy.
Happy Birthday!
All for Him,
Mom
Labels: Missy






2 Comments:
Missy, A lovely, sentimental post. Another thing the two of us share, are, that our daughters both have the same name. :)
Blessings,
Lue
Missy, A lovely, sentimental post. Another thing the two of us share, are, that our daughters both have the same name. :)
Blessings,
Lue
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home