Arms High and Heart Abandoned
Over the weekend I had what has become one of my most favorite experiences every year, attending a worship service with Hillsong United as the leaders. In fact, it's so worth attending their once a year U.S. tour that we've driven to Nashville and Chicago just to be there.
Technically, it's classified as a concert, and you have to have a ticket to get in, but trust me, if you've ever been you know that there is no performance, just people singing their lungs and hearts out to the only One who is worth singing to and about.
I think one of the most amazing things about worshipping the God we serve is that He gives us joy in doing so. He's relational, He's given us emotions, and when we worship Him, He blesses us in return. How incredible is that? We don't have to worship out of duty or a ritual that has to be performed, but we can worship Him out of love.
The arena was sold out - at least 12,000 people engaged in worship for two and a half hours. And as I looked around and saw these thousands of people pouring out their hearts, singing words such as "Hosanna in the highest" or "All I need is You Lord" or "Our hearts they cry be glorified, be lifted high above all things" all I could think was that it simply wasn't enough. It didn't even come close to what He deserves, of what He is so worthy of.
It wasn't nearly enough.
So as I thought about that I started getting really excited about heaven. I don't know if we'll be singing in English or a language I've never heard before. I don't know if we'll be singing treasured hymns or rocking out with Hillsong or humming with David and his harp. I don't know what it will look like or sound like, but I know it will be praise and adoration for our God. Forever. One day we will be able to attempt to bring Him all the glory He is due for all of eternity. The music won't stop, the lights won't go down, the crowds won't disperse. Does it excite you? Does it give you goosebumps? Because as I'm sitting here I just keep thinking how I can't wait to get there.
So that I can stand, as Hillsong sings, with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the One who gave it all.
Emily
Labels: Emily






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home