Circle of Friends our circle of friends

Women Encouraging Women to Follow Christ

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Confessions of Peace Lover...

Some may call it "coincidence" I prefer to call it a "God moment".

Did you notice we had one just last week on our website?

If you clicked on the Circle of Friends website last Tuesday, April 13, you found my weekly blog, referencing Matthew 13 (the parable of the seed/soil) and Galatians 5 (the fruit of the Spirit). Then if you clicked on the Daily Devotional link you found my friend Janet's blog - referencing Matthew 13 and ending with a prayer praising God for the fruit He produces in our lives.

I love it when that happens!

I wonder if God chuckled as He watched both of us develop our weekly contributions.

The best part is that Janet usually posts on a Monday, but her computer was giving her fits - so her devotional posted Tuesday instead. TeeHee. I wonder if God ever says TeeHee - probably not. But since we are created in His image I know for sure that He has a sense of humor. And I really do believe He got a chuckle out of that one!

I've enjoyed other God moments.

One of my favorites happened as I was leaving a Monday morning prayer group. The group was small that day, just me and my friend Shelly. We prayed for the school kids as we do every Monday morning. As I drove away I had a vision of two little girls playing with a tricycle, one was probably two years old at the time, the other perhaps three, one was named Shelly Bea, the other Beth Ann, their parents were friends.

Do you suppose God smiled when He saw us playing with that tricycle way back in the early 1960's? Do you suppose He looked ahead to the school year of 2009-2010 and said "For I know the plans I have for those two". That thought doesn't make me chuckle, it makes me cry - tears of joy. Our parents didn't know that their friendship would transcend the decades. They had no idea that those two little girls of theirs, little girls that shared a tricycle and a love for singing, would someday share a passion for prayer. I even messaged Shelly that morning with those very words "do you think God looked at us as we played when we were little girls and said, "For I know the plans I have those two"?

And so I don't think it was a coincidence when, after I left the Circle of Friends website last Tuesday, I logged onto my facebook account, and right there on my home page was a post from my friend Shelly, "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:11). Oh how I love those God moments!

Until next time.

Beth

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home