A Crazy Story...
Okay, so, I just have to tell you this story.
Saturday afternoon we headed over to my in-laws to spend the rest of the day hanging out and watching college football (or at least, that was the plan for everyone else. My plan - a nice, loooooooooong nap with the sound of commentators lulling me to sleep!) On my way over I checked the messages on my phone and heard Kurt Wallace, a local radio personality from a new Christian station saying he had tickets to the Newsboys concert that night he could give me. I thought it was a little odd, but I had called in a month earlier and had won tickets to a different concert that we had just attended the week before, so I figured that they had my information on file and must have had a ton of extra tickets to give out. My husband really wanted to spend the day with his family, so I called my sister-in-law to see if she and my brother could use them, but they had other plans.
A couple hours later, my phone rings and I could see that it was the radio station again. I answered, wanting to at least let them know that they could give the tickets to someone else. It was once again Kurt Wallace, offering me the tickets. He was really trying to get me to take them, and I looked at Eric and could tell that he was still not interested. When I tried to decline, Kurt informed me that I really ought to take the tickets, go, and claim my prize of a $700 electric guitar autographed by the Newsboys. I had completely forgotten that while on their website looking up the information to the concert I had previously won tickets for, I had registered me and my husband for that guitar on a whim, with the thought, How cool would it be to give Eric a guitar??!!!
You have to understand, my husband plays and loves guitars. He gets some free guitar catalog in the mail and lusts over it every month. We often have to stop in when we pass Guitar Center so he can walk around, look at them, play them, smell them. He's been talking for at least a year now how much he'd like to get an electric guitar (he has an acoustic one), but with our situation it's just a dream that's added to everything else on that list of "Wouldn't it be nice someday if we could buy..." (which includes everything from curtains to "nice" razors that actually work to a video camera to steak for dinner). And now I have won him an electric Fender Strat.
Here it is!!!
Isn't she beautiful?
And how cute is my husband???
They look like they've always belonged together.
We got to go to a great concert, I got to go running down the aisle screaming and "Wooooo!!!!"-ing like they just told me to come on down on the Price is Right, and now I get to sit and listen to my husband tinkering on his new guitar.
Life is good.
I mean, it's been hard lately, and we've struggled a lot, but God is always full of surprises. I can't tell you about the theology of God's sovereignty and if He controlled the hand that drew my name, but I'll tell you one thing, He knew it was gonna be me and He definitely let it happen. Why? I don't know. I only know that God is good and He gives good things.
And now I'm beginning to think He's a lot more fun than I had ever thought Him to be.
Emily
Labels: Emily






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home