Worn Out
Have you ever felt like this?
I have recently. I am tuckered out,
pooped,
exhausted,
worn out,
tired,
weary,
and run-down.
Spiritually, emotionally, physically.
I feel like I have nothing left. I just want to curl up and get some much needed rest from life.
It seems like most of the time when I'm asked how I am my response is "Tired." Everyone I know is burned out on something - life, work, running around with kids, responsibilities at church. We are just busy, exhausted people in desperate need of a break.
But isn't it amazing that our Heavenly Father knows we need rest? That He's not called us to run around 24/7 til we can no longer stand it? He created us, He knows us. He knows the limitations we have and doesn't demand that we exceed them. His Word offers some amazing promises to us when we feel like we've got nothing left to give. Isaiah 40:29 says, He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Jeremiah 31:25, "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." And in Matthew 11:28, Jesus tells us, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
So if you're like me, and the circumstances and business of life have taken every bit of strength and energy from you, if your heart is heavy and burdened, and you can't find peace, come to the One who offers rest like no other.
Emily
Labels: Emily






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home