Confessions of a Peace Lover...
Tell me something, why is it that kids LOVE the things that are just not good for them?
Why is it that I would never receive an argument from my kids if I told them to go drink a can of pop, eat a candy bar, or watch some television? Yet I can almost guarantee a look of "do I have to?" when I put vegetables in front of them, ask them if they have homework, or tell them to brush their teeth and get ready for bed.
Why is that?
Why is the stuff that is not beneficial to our body, mind, or soul so EASY to ingest, and the things that are so good for us harder to swallow, to find time for, and to enjoy? Why?
It's almost like there's an unseen battle taking place that is waging war on what's best for us. (Hmmm...where I have heard that before?)
Let's take a survey - if you are reading this you're on your computer just like I am. If we're honest with ourselves I think it will give us an indication of whether we battle the same issues many kids' battle and if so whether we are winning the battle or if the battle is defeating us.so ask yourself the following:
Before I logged onto the internet I:
- Read my Bible
- Grabbed a cup of coffee or some other type of semi-nutritious-but-very-tasty food
- Exercised
- Texted or talked to someone on the phone
- Spent time in prayer
- Watched TV
Did you like your answers? It may not seem like a big issue today, but the little choices - the little things we take in, or take on, the habits we have, the little snippets of time that are or are not well spent - really do matter tomorrow.
God knows it, that's why He's given us His word to encourage us, remind us, and show us how to choose well. That's why His word tells us that there IS an unseen battle going on, a battle for our minds, our bodies, our time, and ultimately our souls. That's why it is so important to spend time in His word and take advantage of the great privilege of prayer each and every day.
Choose well today my friend - tomorrow depends on it!
Until next time...
Beth
Labels: Beth






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home