Confessions of a Peace Lover...
Humor me please, for the next thirty seconds close your eyes and envision your favorite place to be. A place you long to visit; a place of comfort, peace, refreshment, and rest. A place where you leave feeling strengthened and renewed.
When I close my eyes and envision that place the ocean comes to mind, it's my place to relax with no agenda to dictate my day. When I am there I am in the midst of those who love me, they are there to enjoy life with me, and will share every tool - or bottle of sunscreen - they possess in order to keep me safe, healthy, and relishing life.
It is a place I willingly choose to go to, trusting I will receive the rest, the enjoyment, and the peace that comes with being there. It's a place that takes a decision to travel the distance to get there, preparation to assure my being there, and a commitment to keeping the time available to stay there.
It is a place where I have time to be still, a place where I can pause to reflect. A place where, like the sting of sand and sun, I may feel the sting of truth - only this sting comes from spending time in the Son, a sting that stimulates growth!
We all need a place to rest and relax, to unwind before we are stretched to the breaking point, a place where we can be ourselves, instead of the person we are "expected" to be. Where is that place for you?
I'm not talking about a place where you are paid to be, that's work, and while I know that many love their jobs and the people they work with (I can relate to that!) we all need to have a place we can go and not "work", a place where, instead of being rewarded for what we DO, we are simply loved for who we are, and loved too much to allow us to do or be something we're not. We all need a place to sit down and rest!
For me a trip to the ocean is just not going to happen on a weekly basis. And yet I can have that "ocean" experience each and every day if I so choose! Comfort, peace and rest are exactly what Jesus offers to each one of us in a daily relationship with Him.
Living life in the midst of those who love you, who are there to enjoy life with you, and will share every tool - or bottle of sunscreen - they possess in order to keep you safe and healthy is what accountability is; a place to be real, a place to let go, a place to love and be loved, a place of rest, joy, encouragement, and the peace that comes with all of that!
I trust you have found that place in the arms of Christ thru the gift of salvation and the great privilege of prayer. I hope you have chosen to be in relationship with His people.
And if you have I suspect you are smiling right now, because you have truly found a favorite place to be; a place you are strengthened and renewed; a place to belong.
Until next time...
Beth
Labels: Beth






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home