Circle of Friends our circle of friends

Women Encouraging Women to Follow Christ

Friday, August 14, 2009

1977 JC Penneys Catalogue

I wasn't around in the 70s. In fact, I can safely say I wasn't even thought of yet in the 70s. Maybe some of you were, and you can let me know if I'm wrong on any of my assumptions. They're based solely on these pictures I found from a 1977 JC Penney catalogue. (Also - forgive me if my attempt at using the decade's terminology is a bit off!)

Apparently, in the 70s, blinding bathroom rugs are definitely psychedelic.

green bathroom

Using barrels for furniture? Neato!

barrel table )

"Orange jumpsuits.not just for inmates and hunters." Farout!! (Seriously, where would you wear this to?)

orange jumpsuit

These green suits are totally boss. That's all I gotta say about that.

green suits

Dynomite, ladies. Dy-no-mite!

two women

And this guy, in the 70s, would probably be considered gnarly, tubular, or any other word used for cool that has since gone by the wayside.

young guy suits

But by far, my favorite thing about the 1977 JC Penney Catalogue, is that it was totally acceptable to match your guy. This, I love.

matching1 matching2

matching3matching4

Now, if I'm perfectly honest, if it was 3 decades ago and I saw this catalogue, I probably would have tried really hard to get my husband to put on that matching western shirt or terry jumpsuit. I think it's awesome when we both pick out striped shirts and khaki pants to wear.and I refuse dress differently.

Picture yourself at a party, with all of these people from the pictures (at a house with neon green bathroom rugs of course!) In those outfits, would you have any trouble figuring out who belonged to who?

I want people to look at me and know exactly who I belong to - to know without a doubt that I am Christ's. I wanna throw on whatever He's got on - humility, compassion, grace - so that I look like Him. Let there be no mistake who I go with.

1 John 2:6 "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."

Emily

1 Comments:

Blogger Cessie said...

Me too! Thanks for the fun way of making this make sense and for encouraging me to "get dressed" for the day!

August 14, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home