Wish List
In this wonderful season of giving, I am reminded of the Greatest Gift, Jesus our Savior, from the Greatest Gift Giver, God our Heavenly Father, brought to us by the Greatest Gift Bearer, the Holy Spirit. Are you a good gift giver?
Here's a few ideas for gift-giving that you may not have thought of:
Time - Our world seems to move at techno lightspeed, and we can find ourselves so busy doing that we rush from one thing to another. Do you have a child tugging at your pant leg for attention, a weary husband who wants a conversation while you are busy with the kids and getting supper on the table, a boss with projects and deadlines to keep, extended family obligations and errands to run - I'm getting exhausted just thinking about it! Sometimes it takes setting aside everything else and making time for those we love to give one of the best gifts we could offer anyone - ourselves. Our time.
Acceptance - We all have preconceived notions of how people should behave and live - even down to their appearance and speech. Did you know that we can't actually 'fix' anyone - except ourselves? If we are willing to accept the people in our lives just as they are without trying to change them we have given them a great gift. I'm not talking about compromising your own beliefs, I'm talking about unconditional love. A love that allows people to be themselves, to live their own life, to travel their own journey. You might be surprised at where they end up - and be blessed with a wonderful relationship along the way.
Seeing the Best in People - This may go hand-in-hand with acceptance, but when we focus on the positive, instead of the negative, we allow people to develop and grow and mature into their best. Recognize and accept the positive - and you more than likely will see positive results!
Encouragement - Everyone responds to a word of praise or appreciation. And it doesn't take much to think of things to be grateful for and to speak those words to others. Complaints spread like a bad virus, but 'a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver' (Prov. 25:11) Giving the gift of encouragement to someone else will lift your own heart.
Listening - I don't know about you, but I feel especially loved if people remember what I've said to them. I know they've listened. I know they care. It makes me feel special. Undivided attention and active listening are gifts that never get old or wear out.
Fun and Laughter - "A merry heart doeth good like medicine" (Prov. 17:22) When was the last time you spent just enjoying those around you? Making the ordinary extraordinary by bringing joy and laughter into the every day of life. You will not only enjoy yourself, but you will make memories that last a lifetime - you will give the gift of a 'merry heart that has a continual feast' (Prov. 15:15)
Give the best gifts this year - gifts like forgiveness and prayer that are eternal rather than temporary.
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Mt. 6:38
All for Him,
Missy
Labels: Missy






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home