Confessions of a Peace Lover...
Excitement reigns at the Beechy house!
Only three more days 'til CHRISTMAS - the Baby will finally be in place on the Advent Calendar! The secrets that have been kept for the past month will finally be opened!
Only two more days 'til Christmas Eve and the Christmas Eve services at church - the music of Christmas, the message of Christmas, the hope, the joy, the Reason for the Season!
And only one more day 'til all the chicks are back in the nest and all the beds are full again! I don't know who is more excited, my kids, or me.
I love having all of our family home. I love the full house, the busy kitchen, the sound of the washing machine running endlessly (absence really does make the heart grow fonder!), the laughter, the joy.
I love the family gatherings that happen during the Christmas season. Spending time with my sister and her family, her grandbabies make up for the lack of babies at our house these days! Spending Christmas day at Grandpa Bob and Grandma Esther's house (still my favorite in-laws in the whole wide world!) with laughter, joy, and a round or two, or three, of Hungarian Rummy (who will be the grand champ this year? Stacy again - or will a new champion be crowned?). Peg's pies, Ashleigh's cookies, and, new sis-in-law, Kristen is sure to find her holiday cooking nitch!
I love the cards we receive, the Christmas letters that catch us up to date. The family pictures - we even received an ultrasound picture, what a great way to announce the coming of the newest sweet Bartow baby!
I love the songs, the lights, and the excitement in our kids.
I love the fact that God chose a very strange way to save the world. And I love that my friend Lisa recorded that very song this Christmas for all of us to ponder and enjoy.
A strange way, a very strange way, to save the world; that the God of the universe, Creator of Heaven, earth, and everything in it, chose to come to earth as a babe; to humble Himself, to walk the paths He knew we would walk, all to make way for our salvation, for a life spent in fellowship with Him, and for the promise of eternity.
As you celebrate His birth may you pause to reflect on the Father's great love for you!
JOY TO THE WORLD THE LORD HAS COME LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING!
Until next time,
Beth
Labels: Beth






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home