Circle of Friends our circle of friends

Women Encouraging Women to Follow Christ

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Confessions of a Peace Lover...

2009-11-21 001

The walnut and rice jar has taken a prominent place in our home as a constant reminder to choose well.

I have given these jars as gifts before, yet have never kept one for myself. What's up with that?

When I give a jar as a gift I attach a note card with these words:

In this jar are twenty-one walnuts and two cups of rice. The walnuts represent God's plan for our lives; the rice is symbolic of our own desires and plans. If the rice goes in the jar first, the walnuts will never fit. But if the walnuts are placed in first, the rice can be poured over and around the walnuts with plenty of room.

So it is with each day and each life. If my plans come first, the plans God has for me will never fit. But if I allow God to shape my plans and give them their rightful place each day in my life, He has a way of making certain my plans fit in too. (author unknown)

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

I wonder if God knew that folks like me would need a "visual" of that verse someday.

I wonder if He chuckled when He created the walnut tree and the rice plant.

Until next time,

Beth

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home