Small Miracle
The leaves are gone. All the beautiful fall foliage is but a memory and the hills around our home look like a five o'clock shadow on an unshaven man's face.
Our yard is a mess of unraked leaves waiting their turn to be dumped in the garbage bags.
We've had our first cold snaps - even our first snow flurries - and winter is making it's imminent presence felt. Boots, warm hats, frozen breath and scrapping off the car windows in the early morning is right around the corner. You can feel it coming.
So you know why I was surprised when I saw this in my yard.
Yes, that is what you think it is.
A hardy flower that has survived winter's first breath of frost.
It is miraculous to me in more ways than one.
A year ago my spring and summer yard looked like this:
Because my sweet husband planted them for me! But this summer the only thing growing in the patch in front of my porch was weeds! And the back yard by the garage was even worse because they were almost shoulder high before my husband chopped them down for me. (Uh - no, I'm no gardener and I obviously am reaping one of those real life consequences that my friend Beth talks about.)
So seeing this
in my yard was definitely a miracle!
What miracles have you seen lately?
All for Him,
Missy
Labels: Missy






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home