Circle of Friends our circle of friends

Women Encouraging Women to Follow Christ

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Confessions of A Peace Lover...

Shhhhh.can you hear it? Yup, that's right, that's the sound of silence. Peaceful silence. Ahhhhhhh.

School started for the majority of our family last week but, due to the different ages and schedules of the Beechy kids, the week was still part of the summer marathon for me.

Today everybody is in their place for this school year: Leah as a first year high school business teacher; Krista in her senior year of college; Emily is off to the high school again; Megan and Clay to elementary.

And I am home alone. And it is quiet.

I tell myself I could get use to this. But I enjoyed this summer way too much to really believe it. I had everybody at home, it was loud, it was busy, it was messy, it was exhausting, and it was good!

This is simply a different kind of good.

This, for me is a "re-energizing" kind of good. A bit of peace in the midst of the chaos that fall brings. After today I will think about school again, I will think about working thru the schedules of the three who play soccer, (all on different teams of course) I will think about the upcoming Circle of Friends events, I will think about doctor appointments and cleaning the house, and, oh yes, that job I've had as a bookkeeper for the past twenty years.but not now.

Today is a day for peace and quiet. Ahhhhhhh.

I'd write more but the keyboard is awfully noisy.

Until next time,

Beth

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home