Circle of Friends our circle of friends

Women Encouraging Women to Follow Christ

Monday, August 24, 2009

Electronic Nicotine

Okay, have we gone completely mad? We seem to be willing to admit, as a society, that smoking tobacco cigarettes (lest that seem redundant - I will explain in a minute!) is bad for our health, but have you heard they are now making electronic cigarettes?

Yes, and just to prove it here's a picture.

e cigs

These little babies are being marketed as 'cleaner, safer, and cheaper' than regular cigarettes. Some even have a dental endorsement!

e cig

Maybe what they haven't told consumers is that - it still contains nicotine! the "e-liquid" contains 36 ml of nicotine - you know, that little drug that is as addictive as heroin and cocaine. In fact, there's enough nicotine in these things to be potentially lethal for a child.

They allow the 'smoker' to choose how much nicotine they want and to make it easier to ingest they allow them to adjust the length of time it will be 'lit'.

There's no tobacco in these things so they get past the federal laws and restrictions that are on the tobacco industry. It will be sad if it comes down to someone becoming ill or even dying before laws are put into place to protect the 'unsuspecting public'. Wouldn't it be simpler to just use common sense?

Isn't that just our human nature? We want exactly what we shouldn't have, and when we get it we complain about the consequences! Like those of us (um, need to raise my hand here) who overeat and then complain we've gained weight or spend too much money or abuse credit and find ourselves deep in debt - we just can't seem to resist what isn't good for us.

Even when we want to do good it seems like we fall prey to what is bad. Paul puts it this way, "Yes, I know that nothing good lives in me-I mean nothing good lives in the part of me that is earthly and sinful. I want to do the things that are good, but I do not do them. I do not do the good things I want to do, but I do the bad things I do not want to do. So if I do things I do not want to do, then I am not the one doing them. It is sin living in me that does those things." (Rom. 7:18-20)

We need help! And there is only One who can save us.

"What a miserable man I am! Who will save me from this body that brings me death? I thank God for saving me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Rom. 7:24)

All for Him,

Missy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home