Confessions of a Peace Lover...
A couple of weeks ago our friend Missy asked those of us who check out these blogs each day to be thinking about women who have impacted our lives. And Missy, your question didn't fall on deaf ears, I have a feeling I'm not the only one who has been pondering your request. And I also have a feeling I'm not the only one who is wondering where to begin!
If I begin at the "beginning" I'll be writing something about Ruth Schrock, Clare Raber, Sue Yoder, Edith Marner, and other Sunday School teachers I distinctly remember from my elementary years. And let's not forget those two ladies who led Bible Adventure at the Berlin Baptist church each year!
If I skip to somewhere in the middle I'll write about Libby Pacula, my wonderful mother-in-law Esther, Suzanne Wherley, Mim Gause, and my sister and best friend, Julia, to name a few.
If I look at my life now, I'd be writing about all of the aforementioned women along with...oh where do I begin...Lisa, Cheryl, Linda, Denise, Andrea, Tammy, Faith, Corkey, Janet...you know where this is going eh? It is truly a "where do I begin?" with a "and where would I end it?" tagged on.
I am blessed to be in the midst of an ever expanding circle of friends (hey, what a great name for a ministry!) who are constantly impacting my life. All those names, and more, are people who have impacted the way I live, the way I love, the way I relate - to God, to my family, and to all those I come into contact with. And those are just some of the names I know, I am confident that there were faithful prayer warriors along the way that I am not even aware of.
Speaking of "faithful prayer warriors" - this week is our week to meet with the great folks at the Walnut Hills Retirement Home. This week is the week that a child you love will be lifted up in prayer by this precious group of seniors. This week is the week that educators, parents, coaches, aides, bus drivers, janitors, and cooks across our nation will be lifted up to our Lord and Savior by a group who is dedicated to God and committed to the privilege we have been given thru the mighty power of prayer. This week is the week that I will get to meet with a faithful crew who have, and are, impacting my life.
If you are interested in joining us or in getting a prayer group like this started in your community please contact me at beth@circleoffriends.fm
Until next time...
Beth
If I begin at the "beginning" I'll be writing something about Ruth Schrock, Clare Raber, Sue Yoder, Edith Marner, and other Sunday School teachers I distinctly remember from my elementary years. And let's not forget those two ladies who led Bible Adventure at the Berlin Baptist church each year!
If I skip to somewhere in the middle I'll write about Libby Pacula, my wonderful mother-in-law Esther, Suzanne Wherley, Mim Gause, and my sister and best friend, Julia, to name a few.
If I look at my life now, I'd be writing about all of the aforementioned women along with...oh where do I begin...Lisa, Cheryl, Linda, Denise, Andrea, Tammy, Faith, Corkey, Janet...you know where this is going eh? It is truly a "where do I begin?" with a "and where would I end it?" tagged on.
I am blessed to be in the midst of an ever expanding circle of friends (hey, what a great name for a ministry!) who are constantly impacting my life. All those names, and more, are people who have impacted the way I live, the way I love, the way I relate - to God, to my family, and to all those I come into contact with. And those are just some of the names I know, I am confident that there were faithful prayer warriors along the way that I am not even aware of.
Speaking of "faithful prayer warriors" - this week is our week to meet with the great folks at the Walnut Hills Retirement Home. This week is the week that a child you love will be lifted up in prayer by this precious group of seniors. This week is the week that educators, parents, coaches, aides, bus drivers, janitors, and cooks across our nation will be lifted up to our Lord and Savior by a group who is dedicated to God and committed to the privilege we have been given thru the mighty power of prayer. This week is the week that I will get to meet with a faithful crew who have, and are, impacting my life.
If you are interested in joining us or in getting a prayer group like this started in your community please contact me at beth@circleoffriends.fm
Until next time...
Beth
Labels: Beth






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home